Our church loves our community. We believe in serving our community and all members who are a part of it.
- Soup Saturdays: A free meal for the community. Lunch is from 11am-1pm served in our downstairs social room. Exact dates are established each year but normally begin in the second half of January and end before the middle of march. Volunteers to make soup and help serve are always welcome.
- Prayer Quilt Ministry: A dedicated and skilled team of quilters create beautiful quilts to give to people of the community in need. The team looks to give their quilts to persons in special need of prayer. In each quilt is given with much care and prayer. You can request a quilt for someone you know that may need the encouragement.
- Altoona Mission Central Hub: The Methodist churches of our area support a local arm of Mission Central, our conference distribution center in Mechanicsburg. The HUB in Altoona assists by assembling school, layette, health kits and cleaning buckets for those in need. We volunteer at the Altoona HUB the first Monday of every month.
- Community Thanksgiving Meal: Held the Sunday before thanksgiving, we invite the whole community to join us for a free and delicious thanksgiving meal.
- Summer Outdoor Movies: We show a movie at our outdoor amphitheater next to our pavilion on three Saturday nights each summer. We provide popcorn, drinks, and a great flick. Movie dates are announced in June on this web page and our FaceBook page.
- Coats and Shoes: We provide funds to purchase new coats and shoes to kids in our community whose families are having trouble providing them. We do this in partnership with the Hollidaysburg Area School District Elementary Schools to ensure confidentiality and that the kids who need it most are receiving help. If you'd like to be a part of this ministry you can email the church office at email@example.com