Hicks UMC Children's Ministry
We want our Children to learn how much God loves them and how to have a personal relationship with Christ. We provide an environment that is inviting and age appropriate, and that allows kids to have fun while learning more about God.
Our staffed Infant Nursery is available at all three Worship services: Our nursery is fully staffed and is happy to take care of your babies and toddlers, ages 6 months-3 years old, during our 8:00am, 9:30am and 11:00am services.
Classes offered at 9:30am
- Preschool Children's Church: Preschool age children learn best through play and hands-on encounters. Volunteer leaders guide children through a Bible story each Sunday through games, crafts, dramatic play, snack, songs and more.
- Kindergarten-2nd Grade Children’s Church: K-2nd grade Children’s Church classes are where kids can hear a Bible story, make crafts, play games and participate in large group activities. To sum it up, the kids will have fun learning about Jesus!
- 3rd-6th Grade Children's Church: The 3rd-6th Children’s Church Class use dynamic curriculum to teach weekly bible lessons in a “hip” manner that is more enticing to older kids than traditional formats. Students and teachers work together to find the answers to faith questions by exploring the Bible, engaging in discussions, making themed crafts, and playing lots of games.
Classes offered at 11:00am
- Preschool Children's Church
- Kindergarten-6th Grade Children’s Church
Family Worship Sundays
Family Worship Sundays are offered the first Sunday of each month during our 9:30am and 11:00am services. Family Worship provides an opportunity for all members of the family to hear the same message, participate in the same activities, and worship together. Only our 9:30am Preschool class is offered on this Sunday; our regular Sunday School and Children’s Church classes are not available.
Elementary Boys & Girls Ministries
- Friends ‘n Faith Girls Ministry: The Friends ‘n Faith Girls Ministry is open to all girls in grades 3rd-6th and meets on Sunday evenings from 6:00-7:30pm in the Social Hall of Hicks UMC. Each meeting the girls participate in interactive lessons, crafts, snacks, and activities as they learn to follow Jesus and share His love with others.
- Champions 4 Christ Boys Ministry: The Champions 4 Christ Elementary Boys Ministry is for all boys in grades 1st - 6th grade and meets on Sunday evenings from 6:00-7:30pm at Hicks UMC. Growing up in today’s world can be tough, but God never meant for our children to feel alone in their journey. We are passionate about reaching and teaching the love of Christ to boys in our church and community.
- Praise Dance Team: Our Liturgical Dance Praise Team is made up of girls ages K-5th grade that desire to dance together and share their love of Jesus together in worship.
- Vacation Bible School: Visit pictures from our amazing 2017 Maker Fun Factory VBS here.
Need more information? Contact Katie Guise, Children's Ministry Director at Katie@hicksumc.org.